2014 Garden Photos

We are located in Cranbrook BC and in Zone 4 garden area. We have serious problems keeping our gardens from being chewed up deer. This year I have added the arbour and roses to take the place of a big tree that was taken out this spring. The roses in the front part of the yard were all added this year. I have plans for next year but the size of my yard limits my choices.
gardening photos home yard summer, flowers, gardening
The rocks that are used as a ground cover keep the neighbourhood cats from digging in them. I love cats and have my own but prefer to keep them digging elsewhere. LOL.
The cat mint is loved by the bees.
Sage is also a favourite of the bees.
Morton's Sunrise is a beautiful little rose. It would have had roses all summer but the deer kept clipping them off. I have a motion activated sprinkler on it now and it seams to be working
This is a Peachy Cream. Flowered heavily all summer.
Loved these. First year for these bulbs.
Big job this year was adding the bricks around all of the new hardscapes to eliminate trimming around these. I am able to drive the lawnmower on the bricks to get a good clean look.
Early photo before the garden was filled in and the arbour was built.

• Jeanette S

Beautiful! love the idea of the rocks. We have deer too believe it or not. We are about 1 mile off I285 in Atlanta...one of the busiest highways in the world and certainly one of the fastest! But we are also only a couple of miles from the Chattahoochee River. The deer come up and rest in our lily beds! I love red flowers, but as soon as I put them in, they serve as dinner for the deer! AND rabbits!

• Campfire_Dog

@Jeanette S Thank you Jeanette. I really enjoyed getting your comment. Yes the deer here can be a problem. I use a product called Bobbex. You spray it on every two weeks. Unfortunately the tops keep growing and I am not always diligent about spraying them. That is what the deer look for. I also have a couple of motion sprinklers. It is a test always to see who wins. LOL. Good Luck with your gardening.

• Miriam I

You have a darling garden. Thank you for sharing!

• Campfire_Dog

Thank you @Miriam I. I love spending time in my yard and finding ways to make it look nicer.