Painted Concrete Porch With a Stone Stencil

I pressure washed my porch many times but could not get all the stains out/off, so I decided to paint it and use the stone stencil to give it a stone look finish with more colors.
First I painted the whole thing with one color so that it would look like a mortar or grout when I used the stencil with the other colors. I used 3 other colors in each of the blocks of the stencil and used a brush to scrub them into the concert which made each one come out a different look or color of stones.
It made the porch a little cozier while sitting out in my swing. I spend more time on the porch now, in my swing.
All done and cozy now!
This is right after a pressure washed it. Still stained.
The stencil I got from Lowe's
Getting started
It took me a couple of days but it was worth the time.
Reds browns caramel and linen colors mixed and brushed into the concrete.

• Kathy Spiker

What kind of paint did you use to paint the porch? We have been wanting to do something like this with our porch.

• Mary Beth Packard

I am inspired! We've got a porch, screened only on one side; two walls (one with a window to the breakfast room) are part of the house plus one that's sliding doors to the living area; walls need paint (a separate issue), as well as the floor. My concern with the stencils is that the floor along the screened side gets mildewed and stained by rain very easily. Will stenciling be harder or easier to clean? And do I coordinate the paint with the interior tile floor (gray/beige swirls) or pick one of the interior tile shades or change up altogether?

• Ruby Lear

I have a stained cement porch. I would like to paint it. That looks like a lit of work for a 73 year old woman. Is there anything I could do that is a lit easier?

• Barb

I saw another project just like this, but they used cement paint. She did it 2 yrs ago and still looks new. It had been trampled on by numerous children, rain, snow, ice, hail etc..

• Rhonda Macklin

I really like what you did with the porch, I plan on trying that.