Sheila
Sheila
  • Rock Hill, SC

Painted Concrete Porch With a Stone Stencil

I pressure washed my porch many times but could not get all the stains out/off, so I decided to paint it and use the stone stencil to give it a stone look finish with more colors.
First I painted the whole thing with one color so that it would look like a mortar or grout when I used the stencil with the other colors. I used 3 other colors in each of the blocks of the stencil and used a brush to scrub them
porches painted concrete stone stencil makeover, concrete masonry, diy, painting, porches, All done and cozy now
All done and cozy now!
porches painted concrete stone stencil makeover, concrete masonry, diy, painting, porches, This is right after a pressure washed it Still stained
This is right after a pressure washed it. Still stained.
porches painted concrete stone stencil makeover, concrete masonry, diy, painting, porches
porches painted concrete stone stencil makeover, concrete masonry, diy, painting, porches, The stencil I got from Lowe s
The stencil I got from Lowe's
porches painted concrete stone stencil makeover, concrete masonry, diy, painting, porches, Getting started
Getting started
porches painted concrete stone stencil makeover, concrete masonry, diy, painting, porches, It took me a couple of days but it was worth the time
It took me a couple of days but it was worth the time.
porches painted concrete stone stencil makeover, concrete masonry, diy, painting, porches, Reds browns caramel and linen colors mixed and brushed into the concrete
Reds browns caramel and linen colors mixed and brushed into the concrete.

• K lenoro

This is lovely! You used 3 different colors? What did you use to seal it?

• Sandra A Warren

My porch looks just like yours except mine extends to a slightly sloped sidewalk which is uncovered. I’m wondering if the paint would hold up and also wonder if paint might be slippery?

• Susan Herrera

did you use spray paint? What kind of brush did you use to scrub the color into the cement?