Vegetable gardening.

Here are a few pics of my vegetable garden which is doing very well despite the drought we are in here in Michigan (notice the dead lawn). I do think that the garden hose has become another appendage though!
My catnip has gone crazy this year. It really loves the heat. I let it bloom instead of cutting it and drying it because it helps attract bees to my garden.
This is my garden. Eight raised beds and a 30 x 40 foot area for vines.
This is how I plant my vining plants: I took a large tarp and laid it right over the grass, then cut holes in it (6 on one side, 3 on the other), then I amended the soil in each hole and planted my plants. No weeds!

• Julee S

I planted spearmint (one little root sprig) at the side of my house and now it covers a 4 x 24 foot area. I just mow it with the mower to keep it in check. All other mints go into pots. In the spring when they are root bound I take them out of the pot and cut the entire thing into quarters. I toss three quarters and replant one quarter and that seems to be the magic ratio. By the time it's root bound in the pot it's fall and time for it to go dormant for the winter. I also do this with oregano.

• Vivian S

Yes, my oregano is consuming a good portion of a bed but I have common day lilies in that same area so they fight for dominance. The day lilies make me crazy because I can't get rid of them. They came with the house and are worse than cockroaches (which people speculate can withstand a nuclear blast.) haha.