Lisa D
Lisa D
  • Amsterdam, NY

The Garden in The Ghetto

My backyard paradise.
Shadows and Sunlight
Shadows and Sunlight
I live in a pretty bad neighborhood. I actually grew up in this neighborhood which was once a place where people cared about their properties. Now, the block suffers from urban decay and economic hardships, where survival is first and foremost on people's minds. But in my backyard, you see something different. Beauty. Who say's you can't rent and be proud?
gardening urban backyard flowers, flowers, gardening
Luscious Pink Lillys
Purple Clematis- The Takeover
Beauty Of A Rose
I love my garden. There's nothing more peaceful, more beautiful or calming then to walk among the flowers, knowing that you created this place. Thank you for looking.

• Katie

Very beautiful! Maybe it would inspire your neighbours to see this and what you can do no matter where you live.

• Vicki

lovely garden - kudos to you for being a shining star in your neighborhood. I'm sure you are inspiring people around you even though you may not realize it. Keep up the good work - your garden is beautiful!!!