This is one of many favorite sitting spots in our backyard sanctuary that my husband and I have been creating

This is showing our newpergola and new deck. We tore out an existing deck and small brick patio. The pergola is 98% complete. We've added two wet location outdoor fans that are heavenly in 90 + degreee heat and a chandalier. I am also going to add fabric, which happens to be a Chaps tablecloth that was the perfect look to the opposite side. The whole family came today, 10 adult children plus spouses and 10 grandkids to celebrate m,y husbands birthday. Everyone wanted to sit under the pergola. We also added a fountain that is wonderful to listen to and enjoy the shimmering lights in the evening.A perfect view from the pergola. I am including several pictures. We still have a corner raised garden with a smaller fountain to complete the look. We did the Belgard 600 sq ft patio and curved sidewalks and other gardens two years ago, and had one of our daughters weddings in our backyard. Everyone loved it. It is a almost compelte shade garden, so I use a lot of different variety of hostas, sedum, astible, and other shade varietys to complete the look. It is our sanctuary of peace. And, believe me it is great to finally get some. We are going to complete it in time to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary in Sept with lots of friends and family. In the past we have had some great Halloween parites on the patio as well. A much loved added living space to our home.
Deck and Pergola addition
Fountain nestled among the garden of Hostas, sedum, snow on the mountain, astible, ferns.
A view of more eating space and fireplace on our 600 sq ft Belgard patio that my husband and five sons put in 2 years ago.

Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile

• Monday West

What a beautiful relaxing area you have created Susan, and obviously large enough to handle a huge family get together!! It's gorgeous! So beautiful, looks inviting. Very beautiful and peaceful looking.

• Cheryl Appleberry

Love this! Everyone needs a little peaceful and beautiful outdoor sanctuary.