My Front Porch

Being on a fixed income I couldn't afford regular patio curtains, so I bought 2 white water-resistant shower curtains at Family Dollar and spray painted them. for 25% of the cost. I now have shade and have dressed up the front of my 70 year-old house.
When I replace them, It will look a bit more professional. It will be interesting to see how long they last through the different seasons.

Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
15 Perfectly Round Tables
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas

• Wen2047415

I love the idea. How did you hang them?

• Kathy Brown

How did you paint the curtains

• Diane Nuckolls

How did you attach to the wood and do you have tention rods at the bottom. It looks as if you do. great idea

• Mary Burford

How do you attach them to the porch?

• Jo

How do you hang them

• 861650

I used shower curtain rods and placed it from the pole to the house. This way you have air flowing from the top, the bottom and the sides. Sewed a pocket at the bottom for the second rod. Screwed a cup hook into the wooden floor. Used white ribbon to wrap around the pole and tied a bow in the cup hook. Note: if your porch is painted, the shower rods tend to slip. I took 220 sanding paper and "lightly" sanded each spot where the pole is attached at the top. I did put the curtain on the top rod and moved it around to get the look I wanted. There is six to eight inches of space at the top and bottom and around three inches on each side.

• Linda

Brilliant ! Water resistant already !

• Carolyn S

I’ve hung cheap sheers on the west side of my tiny front porch during the summer to block the heat. We used big screw hooks and an old piece of bamboo.

• Tina

I would love to do this how would I start ?

• Deb Sanders-Byers

where are the Instruction????
  • Azelia Mae

How were they hung?

• Pam Miller

Looks like she just attached them somehow inside the porch and onto the top railing on the front and side. Would be nice if there was some instructions.

• Betty

Do not know how she hung them, but I would use the existing holes and hang them on the inside of top with hooks or simply slide hole over a hook.

• Rebecca S

The least evasive would be cupped curtain hangers and a rod. Some of these hangers have a screw through them to hold them, so the wind won't let the rod pop out and bonk your head.

The easiest & steadfast way would be to use sturdy nails and some wire fed through the rod pocket. Wrap one nail, then feed it through the curtain, then wrap the other nail.

• Liza Roca

How did you do this..instruction please..:)

• Nora

How were they hung