Linda P
Linda P
  • Pocahontas, AR

My Front Porch

Being on a fixed income I couldn't afford regular patio curtains, so I bought 2 white water-resistant shower curtains at Family Dollar and spray painted them. for 25% of the cost. I now have shade and have dressed up the front of my 70 year-old house.
When I replace them, It will look a bit more professional. It will be interesting to see how long they last through the different seasons.

• Wen2047415

I love the idea. How did you hang them?

• Kathy Brown

How did you paint the curtains

• Diane Nuckolls

How did you attach to the wood and do you have tention rods at the bottom. It looks as if you do. great idea

• Mary Burford

How do you attach them to the porch?

• Jo

How do you hang them

• 861650

I used shower curtain rods and placed it from the pole to the house. This way you have air flowing from the top, the bottom and the sides. Sewed a pocket at the bottom for the second rod. Screwed a cup hook into the wooden floor. Used white ribbon to wrap around the pole and tied a bow in the cup hook. Note: if your porch is painted, the shower rods tend to slip. I took 220 sanding paper and "lightly" sanded each spot where the pole is attached at the top. I did put the curtain on the top rod and moved it around to get the look I wanted. There is six to eight inches of space at the top and bottom and around three inches on each side.

• Linda

Brilliant ! Water resistant already !

• Carolyn S

I’ve hung cheap sheers on the west side of my tiny front porch during the summer to block the heat. We used big screw hooks and an old piece of bamboo.

• Tina

I would love to do this how would I start ?

• Deb Sanders-Byers

where are the Instruction????
  • Azelia Mae

How were they hung?