My Amazing Ikea Hack! A Piece of Art!

Soooooooo my husband brought me this lovely piece of furniture (sarcasm) and I was exhausted with so much already to do! I decided that this would be a great opportunity to use my creativity to try some new fun things!
the before ! it was ready for the dumpster
so I First had to clean and clean and clean some more. Then I decided I was going to paint it multicolored, I started with black and I did it in lots of directions the painting with the brush strokes went all over the place, then I layered it with turquoise in a lot of different areas but not all over, then I layered it In a dark red, then I did some yellow in sporadic places and then on top I put the Annie Sloan Paris grey. All of it was chalk paint Americana décor and Annie Sloan.
this is a finished product.
I did paint the inside of the cabinet and drawer in a fun turquoise, then distressed it a little and covered it in a matte varnish.
On the top inside of the hutch, I did Annie Sloan Old Ochre and waxed with clear and dark waxes. I also added a few floral stencils for an added touch.
inside of upper cabinet
Then finally i decided to add a colorful paisley fabric in the area where the glass was. I took the glass out. I also added crystal antiqued knobs to the whole piece.
I am thrilled with the way it turned out and love it so much, I am tempted to keep it! See it in my Etsy shop : https://repurposedbyM.Etsy.com
Follow me on Facebook : https://repurposedtreasuresbym.facebook.com
And follow my blog: https://blog.repurposedtreasuresbym.com

Michaela Turiace

• Annie

Is this an IKEA dresser? What prep did you do and what varnish did you finish with thanks

• Kimberly Flippen

How do you paint the distressed gray? What materials do you use? Paint, stain, brushes, etc.?

• Denise Hardy

This is stunning - love everything about it - how you worked your paint, the knobs you used and the beautiful fabric on the doors. I also love your little wooden box with the coloured mason jars and the flowers inside them - it all looks beautiful and lastly I would say 'keep it for yourself' - I certainly would :)

• Michaela Turiace

Thank you!!