Diana Kamps
Diana Kamps
  • Reno, NV

STAINED GLASS so easy

Do you absolutely love Stained Glass? It's very expensive and permanent. What happens if you grow tired of it? Here's a splendid way to bring Stained Glass into your home by using colored tissue paper and liquid fabric starch. Then when your decor taste changes, simply wash it off.
This how I did it and it's AS EASY AS 1 ~ 2 ~ 3
1. Determine what Stained Glass image you want; something as simple as geometric shapes or more complexed, like flowers, scenery, etc.
2. Cut shapes or rip up bits of tissue paper. The pieces will fit into your design like mosaic tiles. (I used black colored tissue as the 'lead' to get the Stained Glass look)
3. Brush on the liquid starch to small sections of the window at a time. Place the tissue paper directly on the wet window and gently smooth out. Overlapping creates nice effects and mistakes makes interesting design!
inside looking out
inside looking out
outside looking in
outside looking in

• Karen Malzone

did you coat this with something to keep it from buckling when window becomes wet from condensation?

• Crystal gene nicholas

Thanks a lot, Patty. I have followed the Hometalk site for quite some time now, but find that lots of the items mentioned are available in the USA and probably in Europe too, but under different names. Hence my request. Thanks again.

• Ursula

This is a perfect solution for a non-permanent, non-damaging, rental property solution. Love it.