Wedding in My Backyard

$1400.00
4 Months

We've been working off and on on this for about four months. Rounded up tents, chairs, and tables for FREE and I did MOST of the food by catchiing meats on sale to smoke for three months and freeze (they wanted my bbq) Its my former son in law/father of my granddaughter and one of my closest friends for a decade. It went great according to all the guests who thanked us and told us how beautiful it was. Yes, we made all the table decor and i made the big swag on top of the swing arbor and she made the bouquets here at my house. (one of her FIRST crafting projects ever...shes never been crafty so i just instructed and watched her)
backyard ideas wedding decor budget, home decor, outdoor living
The tents and tables set up. Chairs were just enough to use for both ceremony AND eating so we asked the guests to have someone move theirs afterwards and give us a few minutes for photographer to get all her shots and us to finish up with food tables.
Hubby was so proud of his aisle....He had the tape measure out and chalk line and everything to get those stakes perfect. They had mason jars covered in flowers with citronella candles going during the ceremony.
The cake stand (cupcakes and then a single cake was on side for cutting). The glasses were from the late seventies that my mother used and i used in our weddings.
Here comes the bride (her 18 yr old son gave her away)
The entire wedding party. I couldnt get a straight shot because so many were taking pictures by the time I got up there from the buffet.
Cutting of the cake
First dance as married couple

• Jeanette S

BEAUTIFUL JOB! This was a work of "LOVE"! I will not go to weddings any longer...to much fuss and I don't enjoy! The last one I attended I had to stand up and wait an hour...still did not see bride and groom...they were taking photos. Ate a bite and left. I had been sick and lost a lot of weight so did not have much strength. I said, "Never again"! I think I would have enjoyed this wedding!

• Angelia Christenson

thank you...yes, it was a work of LOVE cause im terminally ill and i refused to get sick till i managed to get EVERYTHING done and watched them even though i was way back in the bbq buffet on my back porch i got to SEE it after all the work. Ive been married twice and didnt get a "wedding" either time so i guess some of it was because i wish i had at least renewed my vows on our 25th anniversary (the second one stuck...28 yrs so far) We've always stuck to the view spending a ton of money on weddings is silly when you could take that and enjoy a long honeymoon much more. This one they came out of only owing us 570.00 (we gave half the cost as our present) so thats a pretty cheap wedding in my opinion. Yay for my husband who got all the tents and chairs and tables from work!!! that cost alone on renting would have been about 500.00.