Do you think builders/contractors benefit from getting a woman's perspective?

2.1K Views
I was recently hired by some friends of ours to work alongside their builder in the reconstruction of their fire-destroyed home (no one was hurt!). The wife has entrusted me with the responsibility of being her "voice" when it comes to elements in the design that need a female's input and I think the builder and I make a great team as a result. So, what do you think? Is it important for a builder/contractor to have a woman's perspective in the process of building or remodeling a home? I'd love to hear from you! ~Vanessa
http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2012/05/picket-fence-project.html
  • do you think builders contractors benefit from getting a woman s perspective, home improvement

Suggested materials for this project:

At The Picket Fence

Ask a Question
      • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
        Eclectically Vintage - Kelly New York, NY

Oh yeah!! I loved giving my contractor my input or it would have been ho-hum! A neighbor said it best when she told her contractor how to do her shower enclosure. She said what he suggested was "Home Depot but what she wanted was Elle Decor"! Just be raising the glass a bit higher, the look was night and day. You go girl - this house is going to rock!

• At The Picket Fence
          At The Picket Fence Florence, KY

I totally agree Kelly! And I think we also have insight about where decorative items are going to go in a room which is important when deciding on outlet placement, etc.