Framed Pumpkins Made From Thrift Shop Frames

$9.00

I wanted something different for pumpkins on my display shelf this year. I think I found different! I used inexpensive thrift shop frames to make these pumpkins. I wanted an orange cable knit wool sweater to make these, but that's a bit hard to find. Especially in our small town. So after some think I came up with a good second best. I gathered some sticks from the yard that make fun pumpkin stems.
crafts fall decor pumpkins frames, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
My unique pumpkins on my display shelf. With the perfect sticks from the yard as stems.
I started out with these thrift store frames. I spend $2 for these frames.
The pumpkin "flesh" was hand towels in autumn colors. The hand towels were $7 and I had 6 leftover.
Matching the colors to the frames. The frames were simply sanded for a rustic look.
I used hot glue, and no burnt fingers to seal the pumpkins into the frame backs.
Every second Monday of the month I do a simple thrift shop project. Visit the website to see them all.

Country Design Style-Jeanette

• Terri Hickmon Carey

Love that thanks for sharing. Great ideal. 👍👍

• LeaWiggins

Awesome ideas! I purchased a box of picture frames from our local 2nd hand store and since Autumn is my favorite season I wanted to so something special with them. Got some Dollar Tree and Dollar General decorative leaves and got some acorns and caps, hot glued the caps to the acorns, then painted them. Added some different elements and have made a few for gifts to family members.

, My daughter April s Autumn Wall Hanging She loves it, My sister Micah s Autumn Wall Hanging, My granddaughter and grandson s Autumn Wall Hanging
    • LeaWiggins

Jeanette, I am always looking for something to re-purpose and recycle. I also will buy 2nd hand flower and plant arrangements then snip flowers and leaves when they are still in good shape and use them in other crafty stuff. :)