Jasmin
Jasmin
  • Canada

Repurposing trunks. One of my Favourite Things to do!

I absolutely love trunks! I can just go ahead and call myself a Trunk Junk-y !!! They are gorgeous and can be so much more than a moth ball smelling attic time capsule! Inventing new ways to make these come back to life is such a fun challenge to me! I hope the inspiration flows over to your DIY tendencies! www.facebook.com/gypsy for more inspiration
The leggy Little Trunk Table. Ideal for the front entry. Store your seasonal clothes, mittens, toques, scarves and more, and have a great table top for everything else for the rest of the season!
Sette. Create an inner skeleton, add a bench seat in there that flips up, 6 inch foam on the base, 4 on the back, covered with a lot of fluffy stuffing then some great fabric. Storage bench - settee!
Another version of the Trunk Settee, using more rustic and neutral tones. The sunken bench seat also flips up for storage underneath
Attach all the hardware, and slice off the end, add some new hinges, and you have a great trash can, or laundry hamper that opens vertically as well to pull the bags out!
One of my first trunk creations put in use by local photography studio - Glimpse Imaging.ca  She made a great prop! The trunk that is !!!
One of my first trunk creations put in use by local photography studio - Glimpse Imaging.ca She made a great prop! The trunk that is !!!

• Cecilia

Where do you find your trunks. I like the table and the trash container idea.

• Kaycampbelljones

I have 7 of the trunk's in the 1st picture you show here. I have looked around our small town, and outside our town, and CAN NOT find the snap's buckle's or leather strap's I need to work on my trunk's. WHERE do I look for such thing's?? I LOVE YOUR WORK. kathy jones , orange, texas