Repurposed Vegetable Holder hanging basket

I turned my vegetable holder/hanging basket (that I NEVER used and had been hanging in my kitchen empty for several months) into a hanging 3 level planter. I put several different types of mostly indoor plants (pothos, regular and variegated) that I had rooted in water from when I had cut back my plants, but also added 3 different varieties of potato vine, purple, yellow, and variegated, and a jew, as i will leave it hanging outside til winter. I hope you enjoy, as I know I enjoyed the project, and will enjoy watching it grow!
step 1: added moss
step 1: added moss
step 2: added small amount of dirt to give a base for cuttings
step 3: arranged my cuttings/rootings, the way I wanted them to grow over sides of baskets and added more dirt to cover.
finished product. may add a little more moss to sides and dirt as they take root, I'll see as it grows if I need to.
step 4: find a tree and hang for your viewing enjoyment!!

• Shirley Mason

Some pretty colored stones in the bottom of each basket would add some color.

• Bke2637295

Last summer I used mine to plant herbs and hung it from the back southeast corner of my deck since I was growing a deck garden. It worked out great!