Karen H
Karen H
  • Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Painted Leather Ottoman

In the process of redecorating and changing to a lighter pallet I decided to change my brown leather ottoman to a white one. To do this I first washed the ottoman with a mild soap and water. Then I wiped it down with denatured alcohol to remove wax.I then I used a 50/50 wash of paint and water applied in several thin layers. I let each layer dry for about an hour between coats.The finish is soft and
Close up of the leg and wood trim
Close up of the leg and wood trim
After painting
After painting
Ottoman before
Ottoman before
Karen H

• Cindra1005

yes was it waxed and what type of wax? I just painted 2 microfiber microsuede (not sure of material) and I used straight acrylic on it, the outcome was fantastic but feel I need to wax to prevent any cracking.

, before on left after 1 coat on right, 2 coats
  • Harriet Kimmeldorf Weiss

I doing this and the newly painted leather is cracking and chipping off. Any suggestion? 6106596966

• Pattie

thanks I was looking for this idea and you showed it could work

• Maxine Sheehan

What kind of paint did you use please? Looks wonderful.

• Barb in Texas

@Maxine Sheehan When you answer this, could you also say if you waxed it again or left it plain? It look really nice and I have something similar.