Gallery Style Command Center

I have a problem, a clutter problem. The epi-center of this clutter problem is the kitchen counter. It is the dumping zone for everything, mail, school papers, and a lot of random stuff. I decided that I have got to do something to get organized, a command center. The mudroom is the best location for my command center. When I began this project, my mudroom was a blue aquarium, from a previous design miss!
I wanted to do something fun with the wall and make it modern-ish. I painted the wall a geometric pattern in white, aqua and gold.
Since mail is probably my #1 clutter source, I needed something to separate and organize until I could take care of it. I grabbed a 5 pack of magazine bins from IKEA for $15 and made a super easy stencil to personalize each bin. (Check out the post for my secret weapon.)
Our previous key hanger had limited hangers and the knobs were large and hard to put the key ring on. I made a 'vintage keyhole' looking hanger with lots of little hooks to hang keys.
I added an over-sized magnet/message board. It is a great place for the kids to display their school creations and for slips/papers needing to go back to school.
The last element is for little things that family members need often, but there isn't a great place to keep them convenient. I added a 'things' sign with baskets for those items.
It has been so nice to have a functioning command center to organize clutter. I only wonder why I didn't do it earlier! Check out the link at the bottom for the full reveal.
Tutorials and patterns are available for each command center element from the link below.

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
15 Memorial Day Crafts
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Hertoolbelt

• Debra

Love this! Need to do this!

• Linda Abate

Love these ideas. A basket for each member in the family for housing personal items (keys, glasses, gloves, etc.) is such a neat way of keeping track of things. Paint each basket a different color, put a name on each basket, or decorate with something so that everyone has their own unique basket. Such an awesome idea.