Upcycled Desk Organizer Using Tin Cans

I have a true confession. I’m a hoarder of tin cans. The worst part? I haven’t done anything with them…. well until now :) I’ve been wanting to create some easy {and free} storage organizers for a while, and after building our new copper pipe desk I figured it was about time I made a new organizer to go on it. I guess building a new desk was just the motivation I needed. I had everything needed for this project, making it cost $0, woo-hoo! You can view the full post on my blog, UpcycledTreasures.com
Using recycled cans to create a desk organizer
First I picked out some cans and a piece of scrap wood.
After I cleaned the cans I taped off a design and spray painted them.
This is what the cans looked like once I removed the tape. I then decided to paint the bottom section with white paint to add more contrast. I painted my scrap piece of wood a dark shade of blue.
I then glued the cans down to the wood using my glue gun.
Here is my finished upcycled tin can organizer. It can be used to organize so many items! I'm currently using it as a desk organizer. UpcycledTreasures.com
Upcycled Tin Can Organizer | UpcycledTreasures.com
Upcycled Tin Can Desk Organizer | UpcycledTreasures.com

14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Katie Nathey

• Sharron
    Sharron

how did you handle the sharp cut edge of the top of the can?
    • Dolores DeLuise
      Dolores DeLuise

I have an electric can opener that cuts the entire top of the can off and leaves it smooth and perfect.

• Joanie
    Joanie

I have all 5 of these cans. I kept them natural and I use them for all my BAKIN' utensils where I do my bakin'. The other utensils are in a drawer by my stove when I'm COOKIN".....I couldn't be happier with these cans and how they work for me.
    Yours are SERVIN" you at your desk, so we both got a good thing goin'.......Cheap ole' cans that we are both satified with....Thanks for sharin'....
  • Kate
    Kate

The can opener I have - Kuhn Rikon (It may be German from TJ Maxx) opens cans so there is no sharp edge and the lids fit back on the top.