DIY Painted Twig Vase

Nothing says fall like brining a little bit of the rustic outdoors inside! This DIY Painted Twig Vase is a simple, low-cost project made using repurposed materials. Enjoy it in your home all year round!
Nothing says fall like brining a little bit of the rustic outdoors inside, and this repurposed DIY painted twig vase is a great, low-cost way to make it happen.
To get started, find your nearest tree and trim some branches. I used an empty canister as my vase, but you can use anything you’d like! A large tomato sauce or peaches can, or anything in the height and width that you’d like.
Wrap your canister with the unprinted side of a brown paper bag. This ensures that you won’t see any of the label through any of the gaps in the sticks.
Cut or snap your twigs to the appropriate height and use a hot glue gun to glue to glue them to the canister. You may need to work with the sticks and piece things together to get it all to fit and be covered, but that’s all part of the fun!
All covered in twigs! You could stop at this step and have a fabulous rustic vase, but I preferred to take things one step further and paint the bottom.
I was worried that a painter’s tape line across the twigs would rip off some of the bark, so I folded a piece of paper, secured it with rubber bands, and used that as my painting line. I chose a vanilla colored craft paint, which costs about $1.50 at the craft store.
Once your paint is dry, tie it with a strand of raffia, fill with flowers, and enjoy!
See more at my blog All Things G&D by clicking on the link below.

30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
All Things G&D

• Denise
    Denise

This is just darling! Such a clever idea. I want to try this! Does your bouquet contain silk flowers and succulents? Did you add dirt to the canister to plant the succulents?

• Jan Mynatt Casady
      Jan Mynatt Casady

Walmart sells very realistic artificial succulents, so I would imagine this arrangement contains no dirt--only foam for arranging the stems.

• Tina
    Tina

Really pretty. Well done.

• Shevawn Martin
    Shevawn Martin

Just so snazzy! On another note, was that bourbon vanilla any good? 😃