Jeff C
Jeff C
  • Broadview Heights, OH

Stirring Paint Without Making A Mess

After stirring paint using my drill and thus making a big mess outside on both the sidewalk and grass, I figured out how to stir paint without making a huge mess.
Step 1. Find a paint can lid.
Step 2. Use a 5/16" metal drill bit to drill a hole in the center of the paint can lid. I used a drill press as it gave me the leverage I needed.
Step 3. After drilling the hole, you're left with a metal burr. I
I used this drill bit in a drill press to drill through the center of the paint can lid.
Paint can lid is snug against the stir stick but not to a point where it's hard to slide up or down.
Finished product. As you can see, I've already used the lid a few times to stir paint and it's not overly dirty.

• Sharron W

@ Gloria....that's how I stir paint, spray paint (if it's a small item) and splatter paint my pottery....LOL Great Minds...!

• Swinnen Lisette

Oups, I am still part of the stone age I think : I stir my paint slowly but surely (but surely slow) with a wooden spoon