ANITA G
ANITA G
  • Oak Lawn, IL

how do you kill a yucca plant

Tanya Peterson FelsheimANITA GDouglas Hunt
+1

i have a few yucca plants i need to kill
  • Walter Reeves

It is a TOUGH plant! Roundup is VERY slow but will eventually work. Digging is the best option. Wear eye protection

Definitely wear eye protection as Walter says. Also, if you have long, heavy leather gloves, like fireplace gloves, those will help, too.

• ANITA G

ok thanks i know it is a TOUGH PLANT, i will do just what you say, thanks Walter and Douglas

• Tanya Peterson Felsheim

I have tried every thing suggested...I find I just have to get them dug up and as far back of the root as I can. Been 10 years and still have yucca's arising! I think there must be a huge main root in neighbors yard but not very nice of me to go and start digging up their yard hehe oh and they hate shade so putting black plastic will inhibit but also sterilizes all of the soil! I gave just a few to my mom bout 10 years ago and in her single acre she has found they make an awesome deterrant to deer coming in and eating her flowers! not sure why but she hasn't had deer come near...they will sit on the lawn next to her house, under her trees, whole families, they will not come past the yucca barrier show some pics @ANITA G