DIY Window Mirror For Less Than $20

I love window mirrors, but I don't love their price. I already had a 6-pane window on hand and knew there had to be a way to make my own.
I came across this lovely gem! Rust-Oleum Mirror Effect spray paint. It's somewhat pricey at $8.50 for a 6 oz. can, and I needed 2. But that's not bad when you consider the alternative.
This is the window pane I had lying around. It's oak colored on the other side, which is the side I wanted to be the front. Since you spray the reverse side to create the reflective mirror-like finish, I taped off this dark side.
I sprayed one pane at a time using steady, light coats. It took several coats to get the proper look.
In the end it was about 7 coats! It doesn't have a perfect mirror reflection, but I kinda love its aged look.
For complete details and how-to be sure to stop by my blog.

Kelly | This Old Colonial Home

• Sandy

How and what do you reinforce the back of the mirror with? I have a 24 x 36 INCH GIANT MIRROR and it is very heavy what would I put on the back of it to hold it up? It already fell off the wall once now I have a mirror without a frame....

• Hilliriah Jacobs

I have one sitting in the garage so ive just got an idea and some. mirror and picture frame alternating . thank you

• Helen

I pinned this from you a few months ago and it has been the MOST popular pin of mine....kudos to you!