Fold Out Craft Desk

When I set about designing my new craft room, space was my biggest limitation. I knew I wanted a large work area but I didn't want to feel cramped, the only solution I could come up with was a fold out work space.
I went through my wood stash and found I had almost everything I needed to build it, other than hinges.
The most important piece is the gate leg. It needs to be strong enough to support the top when the desk is up. Since I have yet to buy a jig I used corner braces to strengthen the leg.
I considered adding wheels, but when I looked at tables for sale I noted that they didn't need wheels and it does pull out quite easily without a wheel.
The best part is when I am not working on a project it neatly folds down to almost nothing leaving my floor space. Originally I thought this would be great for the kids, but lately I have been doing some furniture makeovers and having full use of the floor has been fantastic. You can read more about it over on the blog.

Mel Lea-Wood