Lory @ Designthusiasm
Lory @ Designthusiasm
  • Short Hills, NJ

Chippy Dinner Party

As part of a fundraiser for Breast Cancer, I did 4 pink table settings this month. The first of those settings, Chippy Dinner Party, is done with a shabby chic sensibility.
tablescape pink breast cancer foundation rose feminine, dining room ideas, flowers, home decor
The first setting from the BCRF fundraiser is called Chippy Dinner Party and pays homage to a shabby chic sensibility. It features layered round and square chargers in chippy-paint and rustic rope, both from Pier 1, balanced against a creamy faux fur throw and delicate blush linen napkins.
Gorgeous dahlias are mixed with soft pink roses and are scattered throughout the setting.
Creamy English countryside plates serve as a lovely base for the depression glass dessert set. Vintage silver flatware is a family heirloom.
The ruffled napkins from Pom Pom at Home lend a casual sweetness, while the crystal napkin rings add a touch of elegance. The key to this look is the contrast between hard and soft, distressed wood and washed linen, set against glistening crystal and the lushness of the faux fur.
The other prime chippy elements lining the center of the table are the garden statuary and the 17th century church candlestick, both offset by mercury glass and silver, glimmering in the early evening light.
Blush pink flutes and rosé wine from Provence add warmth to the dinner tableau.
The pink candles cast a rosy glow and help highlight the pink crystal bobeches.
The dinner menu features a pale pink peony and a mix of fonts. Menu by Designthusiasm.
Tiny roses in a mid tone pink are mixed into the tablescape, while petals are sprinkled along dinner table.
The wide view shows the complete setting, while pink candles are peppered throughout the room.
You can read more about the fundraiser for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation by visiting the blog.
Lory @ Designthusiasm

• Stephanie Adams

its stunning and I love the faux fur idea but perhaps just a little difficult to converse with the dinner guests across the table due to the height of all the goodies in the middle of the table?

• Lory @ Designthusiasm

@Stephanie Adams My guests appreciate the table when they enter, but conversing with guests is always more important. Once the guests are seated, they are welcome to move things around and enjoy themselves... :-) I sometimes laugh when after the meal, I find napkins still in their napkin rings because people didn't want to mess them up. I try to set an example by using everything... lol!

• Stephanie Adams

LOL I would be sitting through the whole meal petting the faux fur rug!