April
April
  • Lawrenceville, GA

Translucent window screens?

AprilKMS Woodworks
+1

I remember at some point seeing window screens that used a material that was translucent... Is something like this still available? Have tried some of the big name home improvement stores, but no dice. Any suggestions? Thanks. :)
  • KMS Woodworks

I've only seen screens (vinyl) in a few colors....black, bronze, and silver. To me it seems that the black ones seem to be the best for views. I did a quick google search and found a "transparent" version from "gore" products ( this is the goretex company) A press release from july 2009 announcing the launch...a included link showed it was discontinued in jan 2011.

• April

KMS - Thanks for your reply! Yes, that's the name of the product! I'm afraid I'm getting the same results, too. The ones we have now are really in need of being replaced. Our spring cleaning has turned into "summer cleaning" it seems. ;)

• KMS Woodworks

At least your summers are long enough to get the miles long list done...LOL we have 3 months to squeeze in 6 months worth of work...I'm still hoping to get my deck stained this year, and finish up my driveway retaining wall.

• April

KMS - That's true! LOL! I can only imagine how fast one would have to get their to-do list done before the cold months arrive again in Colorado. Hopefully you'll have time to get those things done. Still renovating my bedroom here, and the work seems to have spread through the rest of the house and outside. Our to-do list keeps growing larger. LOL. :)