One Year Later- How My Brown Paper Floors Are Holding Up

Do you remember back in the summer of 2013 when I installed brown paper floors in my downstairs hallway? Yep! I did! That was my big project during my summer break. Well, it has been a little over a year so I thought I would give you an update- one year later- how my brown paper floors are holding up.
floors brown paper bag update, flooring, repurposing upcycling
Do I still like the floor? Yes, I do! I really do still like the look of this floor. And for the price, you can’t beat this solution. If I remember correctly, this floor set us back maybe $100, if that.
Would I do it again? Yes, I would do it again if I needed an affordable solution for flooring to replace hideous carpet and linoleum.
This hallway is obviously a high traffic area. It is located right where we come in from the garage (through the black door). I am going to be honest, this floor has some scratches. Both big and small. I took some pictures of what it looks like today so that you can see the wear and tear.
Nicki Parrish @ Sweet Parrish Place

• Abedabun Dawn

I wonder how well this would work on a shed door (the shed has a porch, so the door is not getting wet from the rain) and the cabinets inside the shed.

• Abedabun Dawn

@Nicki Parrish @ Sweet Parrish Place Taking the door off and lying it down would not be a problem. I mostly wonder about the moisture outside.

• Suzzann

Well no the lady said don’t do it! You’d be sorry! Why are we wanting to go do it anyway?