Kimberly Noelle
Kimberly Noelle
  • Cheyenne, WY

An Eclectic Cottage Bedroom Makeover

The master bedroom for me has always been just a modge podge of things, not really decorated, and just thrown together. It's the room I always wait to do last or the room that never gets done. We bought our first house last summer and as I have been putting together all the rooms except my bedroom I decided it was time. I wanted my room to flow nicely with the rest of my home so I put together a gallery wall using flea market and thrift store finds. I love an eclectic cottage feel and I love vintage prints. My living room is done in vintage birds and flower prints, my office is full of vintage Japanese prints and now my bedroom has my collection of scenic and cityscape prints. I love laying in my bedroom, it almost feels like I'm somewhere on the east coast in a cottage enjoying a vacation! makeover ideas ideas
bedroom ideas eclectic cottage, bedroom ideas, home decor, wall decor
I did not paint my bed. I just couldn't do it. I love cherry wood and sometimes you don't need to paint every piece of wood. The side table were very beat up and they were particle board so I filled them with wood filler the best I could and then painted them in Sea Sprite by Olympic which is the color of my walls in my living and dining room.
I just changed out the lamp shades I bought on the clearance shelf at Target. The side tables are laminate and were pretty beat up. I filled in the damaged parts the best I could with wood filler and then painted them the with the paint I had laying around the house we used for our living room. Sea Sprite by Olympic paints. Throw pillows a few I got on clearance at Target and the others are pillow covers I purchased at Hobby Lobby for literally a few bucks. They were half off!! Such an affordable way to change your pillows. Bedding was on clearance at Kohls.
I LOVE me some gallery walls and if you follow me you know I go big or I go home. Lol.
Here's when we first moved in. Blah!
Here was when I decided I needed to spice it up a bit but I got bored quick. The lack of color bothered me, it was to dark and to neutral for my taste. I like color and prints and the rest of my home is done in light yellows, blues, greens, and whites and I felt this room was like a dark hole.
I picked up this telephone desk at the Goodwill a few years ago. It was an awful pea green. I painted it a bright yellow and painted the desk part with chalkboard paint
Excuse the massive Television, I have to leave some sort of wiggle room for my husband when decorating. If it were up to me I wouldn't have a television in my bedroom but I compromised. The dresser I picked up at a local thrift shop, it was pretty beat up so I just painted it and stained the front drawers with a green stain and then went over it with a brown stain. Half the knobs went missing so I had to double them up.
The poppy print is one of my favorite pieces. It hung in our living room in our rental home and now I have the perfect place for it, in my bedroom. I love flower paintings whether new or old I could hoard them all. Lol.

Kimberly Noelle