Posh Purple Bedroom Makeover

We wanted to give our college-age daughter a special space to hang when she's home...so we did a "while you were out" secret makeover on her bedroom while she was away at school last fall.
bedroom ideas purple makeover, bedroom ideas, home decor, painting
Posh Purple Glam...her favorite palette includes plums, browns, creams...with touches of teal and gold.
Here's what we started with...just a crowded mess of high school and dance memorabilia without much true personality.
Stripes are fun to paint...yeah right. I'm glad I had only planned on ONE!
SW Soulmate with a stripe at 50% lighter of the same color.
Some plum and turquoise bedding and throw pillows add charm and boost the luxe feel...
This cream and gold lamp was a perfect match to the room's vibe...and make sure you check out the chandelier! That was Sara's favorite part, I think. She was thrilled.
From high school to high fashion...it exactly matches her personality.
A quick collage of the befores and afters...for all the deets...check out the blog link below!
Kelly @ The Moon And Me

• Jamie

Gorgeous Makeover. Love the color!!!

• Eroque022810

I wish I had an adult room (54yrs old). I love it and it was so sweetof you to do that so she can know that she will always be welcomed. If I touched one of my boys rooms I think they would be devastated. I have 3 guys. I just so want to get in there and rearrange furniture and clean out closets. One thinks that beer bottles is attractive? Man cave in his future. It's funny cause your daughter has grown up, guys take so long I'm still waiting. Ages 22,28. The middle one did do his room over and it's cool. Totally hippie. Now off to Marine life but expects me to leave room untouched. I'm going to make it a guest room with 2 full size beds. And just have fun. I'll reuse some of his things but not many. Thanks for sharing your love for your daughter with us.