Posh Purple Bedroom Makeover

13K Views
We wanted to give our college-age daughter a special space to hang when she's home...so we did a "while you were out" secret makeover on her bedroom while she was away at school last fall.
  • bedroom ideas purple makeover, bedroom ideas, home decor, painting
Posh Purple Glam...her favorite palette includes plums, browns, creams...with touches of teal and gold.
Here's what we started with...just a crowded mess of high school and dance memorabilia without much true personality.
Stripes are fun to paint...yeah right. I'm glad I had only planned on ONE!
SW Soulmate with a stripe at 50% lighter of the same color.
Some plum and turquoise bedding and throw pillows add charm and boost the luxe feel...
This cream and gold lamp was a perfect match to the room's vibe...and make sure you check out the chandelier! That was Sara's favorite part, I think. She was thrilled.
From high school to high fashion...it exactly matches her personality.
A quick collage of the befores and afters...for all the deets...check out the blog link below!

Suggested materials for this project:

Kelly @ The Moon And Me

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question