Tiffany's Therapy
Tiffany's Therapy
  • Colorado Springs, CO

Master Bath Redo...What's Next?

I had started a Master Bathroom project awhile ago and then got stuck! Not with what to do next, but rather I just can't make up my mind on the flooring. I go back and forth from the tile wood floor look to just normal tile. I want a classic look that I won't get tired of in a few years, or more importantly, at this point, just a classic look for resale. I keep gravitating toward the tiled wood floor look. Thinking it's different but yet still is a classic. Below is some pictures I have taken of the project and at what point I'm at now. Do any of you lean toward a certain wood floor tile? Which one do you like more? I look forward to the feedback! You can leave remarks on the blog as well.
Before
Before
This is the before picture to give you an idea!
The Process!
The Process!
At this point you can see I have removed the green tile and sinks, removed the medicine cabinet out of the wall, built a new base for the old oak cabinets, Stained the cabinets using the Java Stain from General Finishes, cut new holes for the water supply lines. WOW, I'm tired just typing it...just joking!
My favorite stain
My favorite stain
I LOVE this product. I really should work for this company. Absolutely, hands down the best stain I have ever used.
master bath redo wood staining general finishes java, bathroom ideas, diy, flooring, kitchen cabinets
Next, I dry-walled the hole where the old medicine cabinet was and decided to build a new open cabinet between the mirrors. I've added the decorative molding and stained this to match the oak cabinets that have I have up-cycled. I also replaced the brass faucets with nickle. I have not added the counter tops because I want the floors to be decided on first.
A quick comparison!
Now let's pick flooring!
Here is what I would love help with! Should I do the barn wood tile on the left or the walnut tile on the right?? Totally two different looks. I love the barn wood tile because each tile is SO different! But, then I think for resale maybe the walnut wood floor tile would be safer. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Tiffany's Therapy

• Mzw9059181

Java stain gel . How dies it work I have oak cabinets would love to change them. Do I have to sand everything first . Then stain with stain ?.

• Tiffany's Therapy

Yes, all needs to be sanded. You could always have doors removed and dipped if you have a that option in your state. We have a place called “Dip & Strip”

• Mzw9059181

To change oak cabinets to a different color how difficult is it . Do the cabinets need to be all sanded first ? Then all you do is use java gel stain ?

is there a finish you have to put on after the stain ?

• Tiffany's Therapy

I sanded the oak, used. 3 coats of stain and the 2 coats of poly. It’s time consuming, but worth it

• Mzw9059181

• Deborah Dodge

I love the tile wood floors. I keep looking for a place to use them in my house!

• Lynn Clugston

I hope to not upset thee apple cart, but I would go with a white or cream colored slightly textured flooring and repeat the coloring on the counters with a little other splash of color in the counter. Then you would have an accent color to draw on.