Elk Bugle

I filmed this on our back porch last fall. He is a small bull and not really into it. They can get extremely loud and long. There were two female near by so I stopped filming to give them privacy. Our puppy is barking in the background.
A small bull bugling.

Country Design Style-Jeanette

• KMS Woodworks

We insist that all of our dogs are in by dark...we have heard them as early as 8 or 9 at night when it is just getting dark...but most of the time it is about 2 or 3 in the morning. I've tried to record it but by the time I get up get the camera etc...they have moved on or stopped crying. They seem to take a small game trail between my house and my direct neighbors so they are only 20 to 30 yards away.

• Sharron W

I saw them several times as a child up on Mt Shasta, Big Bear and Baldy....Little did I know how lucky we were that they were wary of people at that point....we were all small grade school and below and they would come close...Last one I saw, picnicing with mom up on Shasta the game warden came by to tell her one had been spotted, and as he stood there talking...it came over a ridge directly over where we were picnicing next to the water... we packed up and went home...