A 10ft Church Pew Re-Do

A friend of mine had a 10ft Church pew sitting outside in the weather cause she said it was too large to put in her house...So I came up with this Idea of making a 2 for one deal and loads of storage to go with it.... You can read about the entire tutorial @ my Blog Page
http://tcdesigns1968.blogspot.com/2012/07/a-10ft-church-pew-re-do.html
Great storage
Started with A pew too long to do anything with
And Ended Up 2 new Benches
And a Cute Little Storage Bench for a Girls Room

TaniaC

• Bonnie Lewenza

I had a church pew years ago that I used at my kitchen table like a nook when my kids were small. Had it for years and worked well to.

• TaniaC

@Bonnie Lewenza since making this one I have had several people ask me to do the same with their very long Pews...I love that this allows people to make use of something that doesn't normally fit in a home because of space issues.... I like your idea of using it in the kitchen, it definitely would work well there ... Thank you for your comment Cheers!

• Gayle Deas

I have a 12 ft. pew from the original building of the NC mountain church my mother grew up in (I did too in the newer but not-so-improved building). I have grieved over it, not wanting to change it in any way since it's about 150 yrs. old. the seat and back are curved and narrow slatted wood. I believe it's oak. It is too large to use anywhere in my small home as is, so it sits atop my barn loft draped in plastic. I would love to do something like this, but not sure about the curvature and "slatted" wood. I love this project and now I am thinking about my old pew again.