A 10ft Church Pew Re-Do

A friend of mine had a 10ft Church pew sitting outside in the weather cause she said it was too large to put in her house...So I came up with this Idea of making a 2 for one deal and loads of storage to go with it.... You can read about the entire tutorial @ my Blog Page
http://tcdesigns1968.blogspot.com/2012/07/a-10ft-church-pew-re-do.html
Great storage
Started with A pew too long to do anything with
And Ended Up 2 new Benches
And a Cute Little Storage Bench for a Girls Room

18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
TaniaC

• Bonnie Lewenza

I had a church pew years ago that I used at my kitchen table like a nook when my kids were small. Had it for years and worked well to.

• TaniaC

@Bonnie Lewenza since making this one I have had several people ask me to do the same with their very long Pews...I love that this allows people to make use of something that doesn't normally fit in a home because of space issues.... I like your idea of using it in the kitchen, it definitely would work well there ... Thank you for your comment Cheers!

• Gayle Deas

I have a 12 ft. pew from the original building of the NC mountain church my mother grew up in (I did too in the newer but not-so-improved building). I have grieved over it, not wanting to change it in any way since it's about 150 yrs. old. the seat and back are curved and narrow slatted wood. I believe it's oak. It is too large to use anywhere in my small home as is, so it sits atop my barn loft draped in plastic. I would love to do something like this, but not sure about the curvature and "slatted" wood. I love this project and now I am thinking about my old pew again.