Easy Mason Jar Luminaries

Looking for a way to incorporate some new, fresh lighting to my front porch I went in search of inexpensive DIY options. A lot of the store-bought solar lights were either expensive or if decently priced, boring.
Instead of just settling I searched around and found some absolutely amazing lids that turned mason jars into solar lights. I was instantly sold and bought a few immediately!
This tutorial is just about as simple as it gets. You glue one thing onto another thing which makes it great for crafters of ANY experience level.
Set outside these beauties cast interesting blue shapes along my porch floor and I've gotten more than a few compliments on them.
If you're really about the DIY, I've also found and linked to a fab tutorial to make the solar light lids yourself - and with lots of the little cheapie lights going on sale right now, it's a great time to make them yourself!
Check out my tutorial over at Mom Spark for the full details!
These solar mason jar luminaries are super easy to make and pretty to boot!
And look gorgeous during the day with some votives as well!
Check out my super easy tutorial at Mom Spark!
FYI - a lot are having problems with the hot glue sticking. In a newer project I used clear silicone caulk and it worked fabulously. I left that sucker out in the heat and the cold and nothing fell off anywhere. I've also heard good results with super industrial strength glues like e6000.

Allison Murray

• Kathy Robinson

I love the look of these but I cannot find the solar lids. I tried just buying the dollar tree solar lights and putting the solar part in the rim of the mason jar but they did not fit properly and rain then filled my jars. How do you keep this from happening ?

• Rhonda

Being you are on this site and I don’t see a link to the site you have thison, is there anyway to put one on here? Because honestly, it is not right to have to go searching for it, along without answering people’s questions here.

• Colormesoft
      Just now

Momspark-net

It's in the upper right hand corner of the picture with the jar.

• Audrey

What lights were used for the blue

• Lynn

How about also using coloured glass for your centerpieces! Also you could make a simple design like the union jack...or whatever! I plan to use this design for Christmas presents....thanks for the ideas!

• BMurr

I am absolutely doing this. Thanks!