CD Tower Turned Shoe Rack

Too many shoes and not enough space? Why not convert that old CD Tower into a shoe or flip flop rack!
I was so happy to have found a new purpose for something old and while doing so, solved my problem of limited closet space. Now I can store 8 pairs of shoes while taking up only a minimal 7” X 7” square of prime closet floor space
These CD towers come in different styles and shapes but most of them can accommodate flip flops and flats and even low heels. If you don't have one, not to worry, they're easy enough to come across at thrift stores or garage sales and you could easily spray paint them to any color you so choose!
This would be great for families with several kids at home – three or more of these could be lined up by the back door and each child could keep their shoes neat and organized; no more digging in the closet or the shoe box finding long-lost running shoes and sandals, forgotten or outgrown. They also work great for flip flops so might be nice at the cabin or pool.
Also see my CD Tower turn High-Rise Herb Garden http://www.hometalk.com/4617603/gardening-cd-tower-turned-herb-rack

Starr Durrant

• Julie Cameron

I love the idea of getting my shoes organised in such an easy way, Thank you for sharing and showing.
  • Janan Wolken

Great idea. I, too, love to repurpose things that no longer work for their original intended use and am also thinking on Linda's idea of where else these would be useful.