Painted Jar Fall Centerpiece

I needed something simple and easy to fit into this year's neutral and understated fall look I was going for. I was inspired by these items at the craft store, but my plan didn't actually turn out the way I thought it would. Lukily, in the end I love the finished product.
I started by painting the jars with paint for multi surface use. I painted 2 coats and after it dried I used fine grit sandpaper to distress it a bt. Guess what, the paint specifically for glass chipped off just as easily as the cheaper regular paint when I distressed the jars.
Then I used stencils to write the word fall on my stickers and popped them on the jars.I HATED how it looked. Hmmmm, in my head I thought it would look so cute, but the stickers just looked kind of cheap. I tried to pull them off and all of the paint under the stickers pulled right off.
I flippped the jars around and rearranged the fake grasses and I like it much better this way. It isn't exactly what I envisioned, but it totally fits into our fall theme.
Head over to the blog post to find out the exact details of my mishap and how I turned this fail into a success.

31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Kim @ Too Much Time On My Hands

• Yeah, I'm thinking the spray paint is the way to go on glass!

• Barbara Ann

I started using spray paint and love the results. Lighter & more coats did the trick. So I went crazy and painted old glass flower vases. Those big vases the roses are in when your hubby sends once a year on your anniversary/birthday. Came out great. And the raised/embossed details in the glass showed up more. So I highlighted them with a coordinated color with a dry brush method. Came out great and fast...