Chandelier in a Vase

Several years ago large, cut crystal vases and bowls were the rage...and they were very expensive! I found a great use for mine...I put Christmas lights in it and it gives a great atmosphere to my dining room! I love the way it casts shadows onto the wall and ceiling!

• Jeanette S

Low voltage lighting is my favorite. I love Christmas lights on porches and patios because they do not attract bugs! Hubby found some red/green/white rope lights on sale and picked up several of them to put out on the deck so it would not be so dark out there. (He said Sophie Girl would love them...and she does...4 year old black lab) Well, we noticed our neighbors put up colored lights too. They have little ones so i think they were doing it for the kids...or maybe they found a sale too. Our porches and decks are tree high so it is very private out back!

• Grace Gleason

Jeanette S, Sorry to be so late, but I'm fairly new around here. :-) Your vase is just lovely, and the mirror is gorgeous! I have colored lights in my small evergreen tree on the porch. Bought them 3 Christmases ago - on sale. They're getting a bit wonky now, but I just love them. Glad your lab thinks yours are cool!

• Jeanette S

@Grace Gleason Thanks, that mirror is an antique. I have a scattering of antiques in my house. I tend to go for the old fashioned dark mahogany look. Mine are a collection of a lifetime! HA!