Tiffany's Therapy
Tiffany's Therapy
  • Colorado Springs, CO

Custom Herb Magnet Board... $38.00

$38.00

Yep...I'm an organizational queen! I really can't stand disorder...I can't think straight! I've been seeing organizational posts all over, but have never seen one to "FIT" an area. This was when I decided to make an Herb Magnet board on the side of a cabinet that would open up space in a kitchen cabinet. So, when I was doing the kitchen I contacted a Sheet Metal Worker in my area until I found someone who would take a piece of sheet metal and clamp the sides over (So they weren't sharp), then I could make a magnet board for herbs. This cost me $38.00 to get done, once I gave him the exact size of the side of the cabinet (make sure its a perfect rectangle or square and not different sizes on the top and bottom), then you'll just needed to pick it up, bring it home and hang it. I then attached magnet herb containers I got at World Market (They even come in colors...I just got stainless)! I will tell you that they sell the same ones at Bed Bath and Beyond, but they are $2.99 a piece and at World Market they are only $1.99. I then found these mesh magnet holders at T.J. Maxx ($4.99), they are great but only came in ugly colors, so I bought 4 of them anyhow...even thou they were ugly and spray painted them in a stainless steel paint and ...VOILA...FANCY PANTS MESH HOLDERS!
custom herb magnet board 38 00, diy, kitchen design, organizing, stairs, storage ideas
Here is the Herb Magnet Board!
I purchased these metal letters at Hobby lobby and added magnets to the backs!
Here is a picture of the herb containers!
Here are the mesh containers from T.J. MAXX
All painted and hanging pretty:)
I love the way this has opened up space in the cabinets and has decorated the kitchen up in its own way!

Tiffany's Therapy

• Linda

Where did you get the metal wall? Cost? What a great idea!

• Tiffany's Therapy

About $38.00 ordered it from metal venting guy I found in the yellow pages

• Dee

Also Hobby Lobby has metal in different sizes.

• Dusty

You could just stick them to the side of your refrigerator.

• Vivian

I have just found this idea better late then never. I like the idea of the cookie sheet everyone has one that looks like it's ready for the trash bin so clean it off best you can then paint it with chalk board paint put on walk and have some fun with project yeh! Vivie

• Car5737397

Where did you get the containers for the spices, please? Such a great idea, thank you

• Terri Jones

Most kitchen stores in malls have them. Not expensive!

• Sandi Clark Marklew

I got some at Joann's in the wedding department and glued magnets to them. I put sewing notions in mine and have things handy to grab right in plain sight

• Roma Lavoie

Try World Market online. They have them in Aqua and I have 3.

• Mer

Ikea has them with magnetic bottom. I use them as well for keep nails, screws etc in the garage

• Linda Sanguez

Canadian Tire had them. They are so handy, even for small office supplies!

• Tiffany's Therapy

I got them at World Market

• Annie

Got mine on ebay

• Nancine

A couple of years ago I purchased them at Bed Bath and Beyond. I attached a cookie sheet to the wall with heavy duty double face tape. They are under my upper cabinets and I love them.

• Itsmemic

I just bought these containers, larger than the ones shown here, at the DOllar Store for....$1.00 !! And they have a large round bottom magnet. I use them for my small craft items and they stick beautifully on my fridge !! They are Stainless...TOO COOLLLLLL !!!
  • Kim Stanton Lewis

Where did you get the spice jars? And approx how much are each?

• Tiffany's Therapy

World Market and used a coupon they were a little over a $1.00 but, I've slowly purchased more and have seen them priced at $3.99 each. So it varies!

• Margo Maseman

How is the large metal piece attached to the cabinet?

• Cec

How about using empty glass baby food jars? Glue the magnet to the top of the lid and snap onto the metal sheet. You can see the contents and you're not paying for the spice jars.

• Crumly

I have loved this idea for so long, so I finally put it together. But here’s the problem... if you have any type of problems with your hands, arthritis, pain, stiffness, whatever it may be, these tin jars are very VERY difficult to turn or twist and get the spice to come out. Both my husband and I are having quite a problem. I have lightly rubbed the container rims with olive oil. That helps for awhile. Then you have to do it again. Also don’t put above your stove. Cooking drys out the spices. Just saying. I still love the look of mine tho. Can’t help it.

• Jba7423289

I bought some at World Market a few years ago. I think they were $2 each. I agree— they are a bit hard to turn the lids to the right spot—on place for sprinkling and one for pouring or spooning. Still love the idea tho.