MN Fiore
MN Fiore
  • Sacramento, CA

Need advice on replacing stair railing

Paul LangleyWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com3po3

We just bought an older home and the stairs leading to the second floor have a rather hideous railing (black wrought iron). I'd like to change it to something more modern and something meant for indoors. Is this an easy DIY change? Thanks.
  • 3po3

Can you post a photo of the railing?

• There are several DIY kits that can be purchased to install railings. Some harder then another. Depending upon your abilities it is dependent upon yourself if its something you can do or not. There are tons of U Tube videos on installing your own railings. All the necessary supplies are available at your local home center. The biggest trick to doing a railing is measurements being right on. But I would say yes it is something a more experienced DIY person could do.

• Paul Langley

I have always liked using DIY railing kits. They're fairly easy to install, and they look great. If you're looking for modern, that's not a bad bet. Hope you get something figured out! http://www.staircaseandrailingstore.com