Ginger bruce
Ginger bruce
  • Franklin, IN

What can I use square rubber covered wired with 1 inch squares throughtout the square for?

Kristine BurkieviczVictoria Kimball MarineSusan Bechamp
+34

These squares were made for college/kids rooms as bookshelves. They are like cubic cubbies except they are made of rubber covered metal. The flat squares were held together with round plastic piece. I uploaded a photo. Let me know if you got it.
q what can i use square rubber covered wired with 1 inch squares throughtout the, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
  • Ginger bruce

I'm thinking of something for each grandchild. hanging them on wall some how for some use? as a shelf or picture frame for index size? garden, outside, etc?

• Great storage bins to use in mud room for shoes. Hang them on wall. Each person in the house can have their own bin to store their stuff.

• Elaine S

I use them in my closet under the short hanging clothes to pile jeans, t-shirts and shoes.

• Ginger bruce

No....I can't use them as cubes b/c I don't have the connectors. I want to just use the sides individually for some creative inventing idea. Wether in garden, recycling craft project , etc. One thought was hang 2-3 from ceiling & hanging my pots from them. Something like that!!

• Joan Good

You can probably call the company that makes them (safco) and order new connectors and use them as shelves again. Or, attach them to the walls, maybe with a couple of washers behind them so they aren't tight against the wall, and use little S hooks to hang small items. I can see it in a closet, to hold belts or jewelry, or on the back of a cabinet to hold measuring cups and spoons, in the garage to hold paint brushes or small hand tools.

• Leslie L

Maybe a raised potato patch? Or could do dice on the lawn for seating, maybe pack with dirt and put in moss? I dunno, sounds like u could do a lot with them!

• Leslie L

Connect sides with white zipties found at dollar stores. Just trying to think outside the box lol

• Linda T

@Leslie L I used black zip ties on my black rack even though I had the connectors. This adds stability.

• Annette C

I used wire cage clips or crimps intended to hold rabbit cages together, to keep them together. Some are still being used as closet organizers and the others I put to use in the garage, hung up as shelves they hold hand tools & extension cords.

• Beth at Unskinny Boppy

A GIANT K-Cup holder! LOL

• Kelly

Spray paint them and glue them behind an open frame, then use clothes pins to hang messages, photos, etc.

• Ginger bruce

I'm NOT looking for alternatives to make boxes/cubes out of them. I want to use the sides for something other than cube/box...:)

• Bronwen Z

place in kitchen to hang pots on. Use in bedroom/bathroom to hang jewelry. as a message center with pins. kids room - pin stuffed things or hair things to it.

• Melody

You can make an industrial looking coffee table out of them. clamp 2 together and then another pair so you have 2 v's. These are the legs. then clamp another one on top of each v. You will have 2 triangles. Clamp the 2 triangles together at top edge. The v shapes will be on floor and then cover top grids with clear or opaque acrylic.

• Jill

I have them flat against the walls in my shed, with spacers behind them and use hooks to hang things off of. You can also attach chain to them from the corners, and use them as some type of hanging table, pots and pans thing. Zip tie several (more than four) together out in the yard then put another tier zip tied on them and use them as a potato cage outside.

• Kelly lemire

mirror tiles 12x12 or what ever size you need,in back , and on bottom of each cubby ,run white strand lights and display art

• Autumn

What if you lost the round pieces?

• Nancy Mays

I lost some of my connectors and used those plastic ties use them as hanging shelves. I also used a few on my craft room shelves and use old clothes pins to attach photos, messages, etc.

• Debra Grieve

If you are handy, go ahead and make 4 into a pot rack. Just make a frame (wood) to keep the panels flat and sturdy so you can hang pots, etc. from them. Also a thought I had, was to zip tie 2 together, spray paint them, and then use closet shelving clips to attach to the wall, or garden fence, as shelves. One piece horizontal and the other a brace to hold up the part sticking out from the fence or wall. Those closet shelf clips fit over the wire and screw to the fence. You could make alot of those. You could also weave led string lights through a couple of them and hang as a chandelier of sorts in your yard above a table or swing. They would make great trellis' for some plants and you can spray paint and even bend them (with either pliers or a hammer over the edge of a work bench) to make a nice shape.

• Debra Grieve

Another thought I had, flatten and attach together with wire, make a design with the wire and hang from the ceiling with cup hooks as a sort of room divider. You could hang pictures from it also.

• Betty Galik

They work great for building cages for guinea pigs, etc. I use a bunch of them zip tied together for the top shelf of my closet to hold all my shoe boxes.

• Cynthia Morrison

I put them together for all my jeans ...easy access

• Kristy Williams Tillman

We've used them to make small animal cages and as closet organization. You could put a ceramic tile on the bottom if you needed it to be solid. And binder clips hold them together pretty well of you loose the hardware. :)

• Kristy Williams Tillman

You could probably even attach some together and make a solar dehydrator. Though I'm sure the coating isn't food safe.

• Janice Whelan Crowell

Toys (put those fabric drawers in them), books. I really wish I had some to use with my Tupperware business. I would use them at craft fairs to display items. I might even use them to store my products sorted for finding items quickly. So many uses!

• Barbara Yonge

I bought one of these at KMart. It has six cubbies. Pain in the butt to put together but worth it in the end. Used the fabric boxes to organize all my arts and craft stuff. The boxes have a pocket for labeling. Everything is in its place...super organized now!

• Mary Ward

For use in business once you put them together I used zip ties to keep them from coming apart, which was a huge problem. I kept them as single 5 sided bins and stacked them for display and then used them to store the items for transport to and from events.

• M2Texas

When I started having a booth at bead shows, I used these to make a short "grid wall" on top of my tables. I think you could mount them on a garage wall or a craft room wall. Strap them together with zip ties first before mounting them or use the connectors.

• Tuxx

I added a set of six to the shelf in our walk-in closet and had an extra shelf to store more items and much neater than before.

• Jennifer Vallot

I have two sets that I bought to house extra appliances and kitchen stuff since my kitchen cabinets are too tiny to hold them all.

• Diane Riggleman Younker

I tied three and four piece sections together with twine and use them to protect young plants and trees from damage by rabbits and rodents.

• Melody C

2 sets make an awesome rabbit hutch for indoors.

• Susan Bechamp

Use a post hole digger and plant exterior grade 4x4's with wire squares zip tied to eye screws inserted vertically on each post. another 4x4connects them together at the top. Train grape vines to grow thru your new lattice wall. Harvest when ripe and make jam, jelly or wine. You can do the same with cooling racks that no longer lay flat, or wire shelves from old refrigerators. They might last longer than one season of growing if spray painted with an exterior grade paint for metal.

• Victoria Kimball Marine

Weave yarn or ribbon through the little squares and hang them on the wall. Add photos or a flower pick on each and group with framed photos or art pieces for a fun look.

• Kristine Burkievicz

Can anyone tell me what the round things are called that hold these together and where I can get extra ones please... I have been looking for over a year for them