David
David
  • Cedarhurst, NY

Need repair of an Ello Furniture Curtain Call wall unit.

DaynaShellyJim Gheida
+41

Unit has electric doors, and is a very large piece. The doors now suddenly come to rest in a mis-aligned position. Ello went out of business two years ago. They used a network of installers to set up their units. I need such an agent, near to New York City, ideally in Nassau County.A service manual for the Curtain Call unit would be great, too. Then I could make the adjustment myself. Any owner of a Curtain Call might have such a manual. If you want to see what a unit looks like, visit http://www.ellofurniture.com/
The web site is still up, although they are out of busines. I sent an email but got no response.
This is a Curtain Call wall unit. The doors open via an electric motor.
  • Have you tried any of the larger high end furniture stores in the area? I doubt it is to hard to fix, but as you said, not much information on this unit. I did find a company in PA that services furniture and lists Ello as one of the products they sell. Email is service@chianelli.com Hope that helps you. perhaps someone else has an idea on how to fix this issue.

• Roslyn Ellis

Can you please send the address or number of the company that services Ello. I would appreciate your help. thanks
  • Jim Gheida

I have the assembly instructions for a Curtain Call unit that I purchased in '97 if you're still interested. I'm looking for replacement belts (used to move the doors) for this same unit. Any ideas where I can find that?

• Bill Mellish

Hello Jim,
      i would love to get a copy of the instructions also and happy to pay postage etc.
      bill mellish
      11212 tri Lane drive
      creve Coeur, mo 63141

or perhaps you have set it up to email? Wmellish@swell.net
      thank you so much
  • Ray

i hope you have resolved all your issues with your unit because my unit doors just started acting up. Can you please forward any info for replacements belts to zellars@me.com thanks

• Patricia Brining

check on you tube!

• Jesse

I have the manuals and assembly directions. Did anyone find a list of installers they used? I called tried the number of the installer who did ours and that umber is also disconnected.

• Larry Jones

I have a Curtain Call unit I bought in 1999. I am moving and would love to see a manual on how to disassemble/assemble it. Any chance there is a .pdf version?

Larry Jones

lawrencejones007@aol.com

• Barb in Texas

I have a wall unit in a pickled finish that needs repairs due to being moved a few times. Minor ones, just cosmetic. Or, I'd be willing to sell for the right price, since I really don't have room for the piece in my new home.

• Barb in Texas

• Cyn369945

I have a unit labeled "La Cage" #346 Vitrine Unit" that I need to have dissembled. Does anyone know of installers in the Chicago area? The style # LC-16-3743.

• Rcp246326

I've had the silver and black Ello unit for many years. The motor that opens and closes the doors gave out. The remote still activates the switch, but the motor is dead. I can't find any installers to help replace motor. Does anyone know of Ello knowledgeable shops in Chicago area, or anything about the name/model on the motor? Help much appreciated. Please reply to rcpetri@aol.com if have any information at all. Thanks

• David

I started looking for a repair facility a few years back, and did not succeed. If all else fails, you can loosen the set screw on the rotator gear (it's the small wheel at the upper left which moves the rubber belt). Once that set screw is loosened, you can open and close the doors manually. It's not as cool as auto doors, but it makes the unit useable.

• Jane

I have an ello buffet in taupe #V Titanium Glass. The glass is slipping from the board it is attached to and so my doors are out of alignment. I took it in to a glass business and they would like to color of paint used on the glass. Does anyone know where I can find this information? Jane

• Connie

@Jane same problem we went to home depot and matched the color pretty close, put on more double stick tape. Not a permanent solution and it doesn't look perfect

• Idofurniture

Does anyone have dimensions on this

• David Wilson

Not sure this is still active but worth a try. I have a similar unit with the doors getting hung up. There's a hard notched rubber chain on mine which is stripped which I think is causing my problem. Anyone figure out where to get parts.

• Roslyn Ellis

I Have the same problem with the Ello curtain call unit. Does any one have a manual.

• Jim Gheida

If you send me your e-mail address I can send you a scanned version.
  • Jim Gheida

Roslyn - let me know your e-mail address and I'll send you an electronic version of the manual. Regards, Jim Gheida
    • Rhonda Sanders

Jim
      i am in desperate need of a manual for the Ello showplace curtain call. Would you be so kind and help an old lady out??? I would be forever grateful.
      rhondasanders22@yahoo.com
  • Michael D Opdahl

Hi Jim, if you could please email me a copy too that would be great. partnerstrusaf at gmail dot com. I have a working one of these that I just acquired--if anyone needs part #s or ?? I have the motor out of the piece.
  • Michael D Opdahl

Sorry, partnerstrustaf at gmail dot com
  • Jim Gheida

Just sent.
  • Jim Gheida

I just e-mailed the instructions to you. Regards, Jim
  • Jim Gheida

I got a delivery failure on that e-mail address above.
  • Shelly

Hi Jim. Could you send me a copy as well? shelly.mattson@aol.com.

• Dayna

Is anyone interested in selling their motor and remote for the curtain call unit?