Garden bench

I made a bench out of an old bed. I'd seen these before, but not in Julee colors! Here are before, during and after photos...
This is the finished bench. The colors remind me of a gypsy wagon. I toiled over the colors for a year and finally was inspired by the color on a plastic tumbler. I took it to the lumber yard and they matched the color.
This is the bed how I bought it from the thrift store for $35.00.
This is the bed with the footboard turned upside down and it fashioned into a bench before the painting started.
Got it all sanded and primed and still had no idea what color it was going to be.
First color. Deciding what should be what color was the fun part!

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas

• Patty
    Patty

Is this for just putting pots of flowers on? I don't see how anyone could sit on it with the curved edge on top.

• Me
      Me

That is awesome!! I bet the whole yard looks fantastic with that blast of colour! I made a bench from a single bed frame for a little girls room I cut the foot board in half and used the two pcs as the arms then screwed the seat slats & front support on & painted it. I found cushions for the seat and made pillows for the back since the pix were taken.

, Child s bench from a bunk bed frame
  • B
    B

What kind of paint did you use to hold up in outside weather?

• Karla Dykes
      Karla Dykes

If you are getting fancy with decoupage, put a couple of coats of marine clear varnish on it. It will seal and help keep colors bright.

• DEE
    DEE

you left out the part on how you made the bench part and how you connected it.

• Karla Dykes
      Karla Dykes

I made a wooden box the dimensions I need to fit the head and foot board. Attach head and foot board to box using wood screws. Also if you know it will be holding heavy items, add a little extra strength by applying some wood glue to box before attaching head and foot boards.