Garden bench

I made a bench out of an old bed. I'd seen these before, but not in Julee colors! Here are before, during and after photos...
This is the finished bench. The colors remind me of a gypsy wagon. I toiled over the colors for a year and finally was inspired by the color on a plastic tumbler. I took it to the lumber yard and they matched the color.
This is the bed how I bought it from the thrift store for $35.00.
This is the bed with the footboard turned upside down and it fashioned into a bench before the painting started.
Got it all sanded and primed and still had no idea what color it was going to be.
First color. Deciding what should be what color was the fun part!

26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps

• Patty

Is this for just putting pots of flowers on? I don't see how anyone could sit on it with the curved edge on top.

• Luci McMullen

You could put s cushion on it.

• Colette

I think it is a bench for potted plants. A colourful bench for fun and adds a burst of colour to your garden. I do not believe it was built with the intention of seating.

• Julee S

Hi, Julee here. The bench was made for putting pots and decorations on however a fishin could be made for sitting.

• Becky

you could trim the top off of the footboard where the top disign starts and make it a bench

• Becky

Love this. So much you could do with it. Cut out holes in the bench part and put the flower pots inside the holes.

• Me

That is awesome!! I bet the whole yard looks fantastic with that blast of colour! I made a bench from a single bed frame for a little girls room I cut the foot board in half and used the two pcs as the arms then screwed the seat slats & front support on & painted it. I found cushions for the seat and made pillows for the back since the pix were taken.

, Child s bench from a bunk bed frame
  • B

What kind of paint did you use to hold up in outside weather?

• Ktr5593255

Any exterior paint would work

• Julee S

I used exterior paint.

• Karla Dykes

If you are getting fancy with decoupage, put a couple of coats of marine clear varnish on it. It will seal and help keep colors bright.

• DEE

you left out the part on how you made the bench part and how you connected it.

• Jennifer Suzanne Bryan

yeah I was kinda wondering that myself. I'm the type of person that needs step by step directions!

• Sru6399640

Yes. Please share the construction.. I have an Antique headboard and I had My son cut the footboard in half , I want to construct a bench.. I am worried about how to connect the pieces to the headboard with out them possible splitting.. appreciate your ideas. It may be helpful , thanks

• Karla Dykes

I made a wooden box the dimensions I need to fit the head and foot board. Attach head and foot board to box using wood screws. Also if you know it will be holding heavy items, add a little extra strength by applying some wood glue to box before attaching head and foot boards.