Renee @ Living 511
Renee @ Living 511
  • Zebulon, NC

Modern Meets Vintage Furniture Makeover

I gave this dresser an update a while ago. However, I couldn't find the time to paint the thrift store mirror. I know it is a small task but it was one that kept being put off until this evening. Once the paint dried, I grabbed my camera and begin to take pictures before the sun set. I love how this makeover turned out just as I had envisioned it.
painted furniture dresser vintage blue black, painted furniture
Here is the before picture of this chest. As you can see it was in rough shape when I bought it.
I painted this piece with Olympic One Paint and Primer in Baritone. The color was selected based on the Dwell fabric that I purchased for curtains for the room. I will have to say that the paint was a perfect match. I decided to paint the top of the dresser in black. I wanted to allow the wood grain to show through so I decided to mix the black paint with water creating a wash. I also used the same wash method for the mirror.
I wanted to find knobs for the dresser that coordinated with the fabric. Since the body of the dresser was blue, I knew that I wanted to use a knob with a black and white color palette. I searched the internet and found the black and white ceramic knobs at D. Lawless Hardware for $1.00. I was pretty excited that I got such a great deal.
I love how this $40 dresser turned out. I am always amazed how a little paint and some decorative knobs can transform a piece of furniture. To see more before and after photos visit our blog.
Renee @ Living 511