My Mid Century Makeover

I picked up this dresser on a free site on Face Book. It was brown and typical for the time but I loved the lines on it so I hopped in the truck, drove down and loaded her up.
Just hauled her up the stairs!
Just hauled her up the stairs!
I have a lot of left over paint from our house reno. I had a color in mind so I mixed 3 colors together to get this sea foam green type color. Love it. Then I mixed in my Plaster of Paris and water (2:1 paint to PofP& H2o) and got to painting.
All painted up but what about those pulls?!
Original pulls
Original pulls
I could not decide what to do with the hardware. It literally kept me up at night. All I could think of was black but I didn't like that option. I asked Larissa of Prodigal Pieces what she thought I should do. She told me about Rub N Buff. Lots of color choices and the price was right. I love the way the copper color (which is really Autumn Gold) pops from the sea foam green.
painted furniture mid century modern dresser makeover, painted furniture
Here she is all done up nice! I put 2 coats of Varathane's Diamond wood finish, water based, on and then 2 coats of Cece Caldwell's clear wax on top. Fabulous! I'm so happy I took a chance on this pretty girl. I learned a lot but couldn't be happier with the end result.

• Mary Ward

Want!
  • Land

That is the coolest herdware!! And very nice finish, so pretty. I have a dressser just like this and am shopping for hardware right now as mine needs a change, imo. I'd love to find this hardware for mine dresser. Love it all!