Maria M
Maria M
  • Lima, OH

How would I go about getting tile (looks glossy) around my faux fireplace ready to paint?

ZMaria MKMS Woodworks
+1

The tiles are glossy looking, so not sure if I have to sand then prep.. Nice size area including the floor area in front of it. Any ideas would be helpful.
  • Z

I just read on another post about painting granite of a primer that is made for such a task. You can find it here.... http://www.hometalk.com/#!/470652 Check Peace Painting Co's comment.

• KMS Woodworks

if the area is not too large the cost of replacing the tile may not be that great...from a durability standpoint that would be the best. But if you are going the paint route that primer above should do the trick.

• Maria M

Thank you for these ideas..I really wanted to pain them since I want to stencile on them different things that show my Irish heritage.. Will check ou the primer to see what that is about..Thank you :)

• Z

That sounds fun. Be sure and take before, during and after pictures to share please.