Brooks Custom
Brooks Custom
  • Mount Kisco, NY

Any woodworkers or craftsmen have success on Etsy?

Tina aka forrestina vintageMiriam I3po3
+2

Hello Everyone --
We just started an account on Etsy.com to see if there is a market for some of the specialty pieces of furniture we make. It's mostly wood and steel products. We noticed there is a huge amount of wood products on there (from low-end to extremely high-end).
Have any woodworkers or craftsmen had any success on this site, or similar ones??
Thanks!
  • 3po3

I know artists who have had good luck on Etsy, but others who never sell anything. My impression is that it's like anything else. It's all about the amount of PR and legwork you put into it. Etsy is a neat platform, but it won't move your product without hard work on your part.

• Brooks Custom

Thanks, Steve. Yea, for the cheap listing price it costs to open an Etsy shop, we figured it was worth a shot for some of our specialty furniture we make.

• 3po3

yeah, it couldn't hurt to get your work out there in another spot.

• Miriam I

Good luck with that! I'm going to share your post with some friends who know Etsy better than I do to see if they have any input.

• Tina aka forrestina vintage

I don't sell this kind of furniture on Etsy but I think this style (vintage lines meets updated fabric) would do well. I'm speaking from the viewpoint of a long-time seller/buyer who watches the trends on Etsy daily. Etsy is what you make of it - if you're willing to put in a lot of work you can do very well.