My Home

We built our home in 2001. We wanted to build a new "old" house. It is a shingle style house with white trim and window boxes.....we love it very much!
Our front porch
lattice trellis on the porch for climbing roses
on the front porch
On the porch this Spring
Creeping fig on the porch steps

Lorraine F

• Anna Ibarra

How beautiful. I always wanted a new, but ole house. Only because it's too much for me to upkeep it on my own, but I just love old houses.

• Sherry Broussard Luquette

Smart move! My husband and I love old homes and purchased one built in 1930. The house is very well built. Double tongue and groove walls and floors. We restored it as much as we could to original but having to remove the roof to move it we added a second story making it look like an Acadian style home. We loved it until hurricane's Rita and Ike came through and damaged the roof. Being kitchen people we decided to open the kitchen to the dinning room. The contractor came in, did demolition then left with some of our materials and a good chunk of money. We work away from home and want to make sure we are here for next remodel attempt. I pray often that we'll come home and House Crasher's will be here! With all that said, if we had it to do again we would certainly have built a new "old" house as well!!! There would have been no need for remodel, just fix the roof. I LOVE your new old house!!!! I'll try to attach a picture of mine before the hurricanes. It's not red anymore and I am still mourning over that. Thanks for sharing.

, Before hurricanes Has a metallic green roof now but couldn t get insulated red siding at the time, This is it now I need RED accents I m even looking into painting the siding RED My husband is NOT amused