DIY Headboard made from old wood.

My little cowboy client needed a new headboard. So, I saddled up and rode to the local flea market. I found some old wood that was once a roof. For detailed instructions mozy over to : http://jenniferdecorates.com/kids-bedroom-ideas.html
Now, ain't that just a cute little headboard for my little cowpoke friend? Easy tutorial: http://www.decorating-ideas-made-easy.com/how-to-make-a-headboard.html

Jennifer Decorates

• Kristen Miller

I love the final look of this, excellent work! I can't seem to find the step-by-step tutorial but my main question is what color stain and what exact type of final topcoat did you use? My dream is to do work like this with a series of equestrian paintings on top and you have inspired me To start with a pretty base like this! And of course it's gorgeous as it is, thank you

• Sandy

That's so cute! Wish I had someone to make that for. Lol

• Kristen Miller

I love it and love and bookmarked your website. Question: how did you do the wood and what products exactly? (sanding, staining and topcoat?) I am a graphic designer/children's book illustrator, mural artist and photographer wanting to expand my business to fine art paintings on rustic/gorgeous wood (like you have here) that serve a function, too (headboard, entryway coat trees, etc) you have inspired me greatly(my hubby will be contributing in some way to every piece he is a blacksmith!) Most of my work is on the computer so I am excited for this new venture and will keep in touch and follow what you are doing! Will check out your site some more, too! Mine is down and am going to TRY to do a wordpress site from scratch with bigger pictures-mine is down for construction because the template pushed everything to the left and I do not do websites (except 2 wordpress sites) so any suggestions on how to do a site like yours would be helpful (if it was easy to do, lo l!) Thank you, Kristen