Danielle B
Danielle B
  • Middletown, RI

Making a Pirate Bed

I've been working on pulling together a Pirate Themed bedroom for a friend's little boy. My goal is to make everything myself using found and re-purposed items. I'm not a fan of commercial children's decor so this is my opportunity to see if I can take a typical theme and make it a bit more unique.
Using a piece of drift wood, or a drift log, as it were, I put together this simple platform bed.
For details check out: http://seasideshelter.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-making-of-pirate-bed.html
Making the box
Making the box
Adding strength
Adding strength
The "legs"
The "legs"
A quick wash of paint
A quick wash of paint
The finished legs
The finished legs
Danielle B

• Zeebo

That is really creative and I like it much better than anything I've seen commercially.

• Patti Newton

That's pretty cool! Have you thought of adding a mural? Check out these: they are really easy to do - just Tape, Trace & Paint.

, This is the Ahoy Ye Matey paint by number mural It s super easy to do and will make any bed look like a pirate ship And it s only 49 95 You can order it here