Glamorously Girly Command Center

57K Views
We had a VERY pathetic command center, where I literally had taped up a huge calendar on the wall. It served its purpose, but I was desperate for more organization. AND, something much prettier. I had an old window that I had bought a few years ago but had never done anything with. I gave it new life and turned it into our glamorous and girly command center! The best part? It was CHEAP!
  • command center window frame upcycle girly, crafts, organizing, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
Here's a before and after picture of the command center now:
Soooo much better, right? The window was a lot of work to get it ready to paint. It was a complete mess, and is super old. Here's a before picture:
There was still glass shards in the windowless panes, and the glass in the other two panes were a mess. There was plaster stuck on the window that took forever to sand off, and the wood was splitting. But finally it got new life and a couple coats of chalk paint, and voila!
I added some pretty paper, and turned the glass panes into whiteboards for a menu and shopping list. I also hung a calendar (a much smaller one!) in a windowless pane, and we crafted mail sorters from a shoe box!
We love how it turned out, AND how functional it is! You can read more about it on my blog!

Suggested materials for this project:

Amanda @ Dwelling In Happiness

Ask a Question