Glamorously Girly Command Center

We had a VERY pathetic command center, where I literally had taped up a huge calendar on the wall. It served its purpose, but I was desperate for more organization. AND, something much prettier. I had an old window that I had bought a few years ago but had never done anything with. I gave it new life and turned it into our glamorous and girly command center! The best part? It was CHEAP!
command center window frame upcycle girly, crafts, organizing, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
Here's a before and after picture of the command center now:
Soooo much better, right? The window was a lot of work to get it ready to paint. It was a complete mess, and is super old. Here's a before picture:
There was still glass shards in the windowless panes, and the glass in the other two panes were a mess. There was plaster stuck on the window that took forever to sand off, and the wood was splitting. But finally it got new life and a couple coats of chalk paint, and voila!
I added some pretty paper, and turned the glass panes into whiteboards for a menu and shopping list. I also hung a calendar (a much smaller one!) in a windowless pane, and we crafted mail sorters from a shoe box!
We love how it turned out, AND how functional it is! You can read more about it on my blog!
Amanda @ Dwelling In Happiness

• Libba Maddry

Hi Amanda- I rarely comment on anything, but you caught me! I love the command center and your taste in the transformation. Great job! I also love your logo and the name of your blog, are you familiar with ps37? I think you must be, but if not, I bet you could own vs 3&4! "Trust in the Lord and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart." I've always loved the "dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness"! ♡

• @Libba thank you!! I LOVE those verses. How did I not make that connection?! I think that's a perfect blog theme verse, thank you so much for sharing that with me! :)

• Karen H.

I have a command center, but will not post it because it is a disaster. I will be stealing this idea, as soon as Spring is here and I pull my old back door which I have been saving out of the shed.