Glamorously Girly Command Center

We had a VERY pathetic command center, where I literally had taped up a huge calendar on the wall. It served its purpose, but I was desperate for more organization. AND, something much prettier. I had an old window that I had bought a few years ago but had never done anything with. I gave it new life and turned it into our glamorous and girly command center! The best part? It was CHEAP!
Here's a before and after picture of the command center now:
Soooo much better, right? The window was a lot of work to get it ready to paint. It was a complete mess, and is super old. Here's a before picture:
There was still glass shards in the windowless panes, and the glass in the other two panes were a mess. There was plaster stuck on the window that took forever to sand off, and the wood was splitting. But finally it got new life and a couple coats of chalk paint, and voila!
I added some pretty paper, and turned the glass panes into whiteboards for a menu and shopping list. I also hung a calendar (a much smaller one!) in a windowless pane, and we crafted mail sorters from a shoe box!
We love how it turned out, AND how functional it is! You can read more about it on my blog!

Amanda @ Dwelling In Happiness

• Candace

Beautiful. Mailbox from shoe box...cut bottom at angle? Then how did you hang?

• Libba Maddry

Hi Amanda- I rarely comment on anything, but you caught me! I love the command center and your taste in the transformation. Great job! I also love your logo and the name of your blog, are you familiar with ps37? I think you must be, but if not, I bet you could own vs 3&4! "Trust in the Lord and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart." I've always loved the "dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness"! ♡

• @Libba thank you!! I LOVE those verses. How did I not make that connection?! I think that's a perfect blog theme verse, thank you so much for sharing that with me! :)

• Karen H.

I have a command center, but will not post it because it is a disaster. I will be stealing this idea, as soon as Spring is here and I pull my old back door which I have been saving out of the shed.