Beach Cottage Wreath

If no pictures show up you can see them at http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/2012/05/diy-wreathi-finally-joined-square.html. I've been making square "wreaths" from old picture frames. I cover them with fabric by winding the fabric around and around and then securing with hot glue. This gives a wonderful basis for anything you wish to glue on. I've had a heck of a good time with these because I had so many old frames! It's great fun.
I just glued on all kinds of seashells, starfish, and anything that looked kind of beachy. It was fun decorating.
This is another one I did. I had my table full of stuff and trying things out on all the frames that I had wrapped with fabric. :)
Take any old frame and remove the cardboard backing.
Cut your fabric of choice to about 6 inches wide. I just rip it down. It's faster. Fold fabric in on both sides as picture shows so that the raw edge of the fabric is inside and underneath.
Use a hot glue gun to glue the fabric onto the back of the frame ..
Then start wrapping. Make sure the raw edges are underneath so that it doesn't show. I glue it every now and then.
At the end of the strip - glue it down on the back and trim any excess fabric.
This is how to start a new piece of fabric. Just glue it down and start wrapping around the frame again, making sure the raw edges are on the inside of the fabric fold.
This is the back...all glued here and there.
This is the front. It doesn't need to be perfect so don't get crazy about every fold. Remember you are going to put stuff on the top...anything you like, a collection of this or that to showcase. Good luck! Best wishes, Linda

Linda B