Amy Lee
Amy Lee
  • Queen Creek, AZ

Rustic-Chic Fall Entryway Makeover

With fall quickly approaching I decided to give my small entryway a seasonal makeover. By shopping my house and making a couple of things myself, I was able to keep the costs down while still achieving the rustic-chic look I was after.
rustic chic fall entryway makeover, foyer, rustic furniture, seasonal holiday decor
As I gathered things that I thought would work, a common color theme took shape. Most of the items I found were in the “neutral” range (browns, grays and whites), so I decided to work with those colors, adding a few greens and yellows to the mix.
I started on the top shelf and worked my way down to the bench. The wreath and pumpkins were pulled out of storage, while the frame, crate, owl, candlesticks and books were relocated from other rooms in my house. I collected a few items to display in the wooden crate, adding some texture and a "natural" feel to the space.
For the bench area, softness was added with a blanket and some throw pillows, one of which was sewn with some fabric I found on sale.
A wicker basket, a stack of books and some seasonal decorations finished off the space and helped pull the whole look together.
Amy Lee